Infectious Diseases

11 fell ill after hotel's buffet dinners

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 27 August, 2008, 12:00am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 27 August, 2008, 12:00am

Eleven people had fallen sick after having buffet dinners at the InterContinental Hong Kong hotel in Tsim Sha Tsui in two suspected food poisoning cases, the Centre for Health Protection said. The two cases involved 10 women and a man, aged 22 to 59, who developed gastroenteritis symptoms, including abdominal pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and fever after dining at the Harbourside restaurant on August 23. Six people had consulted private doctors.