THE pesticide methamidophos has been found on samples of the vegetable gau gei imported from China The positive samples were taken from the Cheung Sha Wan wholesale market.
Twenty-one people were taken ill on Monday after eating gau gei, although samples from two suspected stalls in Centre Street, Western, pinpointed by the victims, tested negative.
Queen Mary Hospital said two more victims of pesticide poisoning had been admitted on Wednesday.
The two batches of tainted vegetables had been imported from Shenzhen and Guangzhou, a Department of Health spokesman said.
The Chinese authorities had been told of the findings.
and it was up to them what action they took, he said.