Question 1 To shave or not to shave?
Exercises by John Millen. The voices on the clips are Will Clem and Karly Cox
To shave or not to shave?
Listen to this podcast. After you've heard it a couple of times, see if you can identify the different styles of moustache and beard as described by the presenters.
Write the style of the facial hair (handlebar moustache/pencil moustache/toothbrush moustache/walrus moustache/goatee beard/soul patch/clean shaven) under the correct picture.
Books Books Books
a) Milo and Milly are both great readers. They are looking at some books in their favourite bookshop. Listen to their conversation and then circle the four books they discuss.
b) Listen to the conversation again and then decide whether these statements refer to MILO or MILLY.
1) (Milo / Milly) doesn't usually like science-fiction novels.
2) (Milo / Milly) is a great Sherlock Holmes fan.
3) (Milo / Milly) doesn't like novels about animals.
4) (Milo / Milly) has recently bought a book for a friend's daughter.
5) (Milo / Milly) thinks the animal novel they mention is well-written.
6) (Milo / Milly) loves to read thrillers.
7) (Milo / Milly) has never heard of the author of the Victorian detective story.
8) (Milo / Milly) has visited France.
1. A. walrus / B. clean shaven / C. soul patch / D. handlebar / E. goatee / F. pencil / G. toothbrush
2. a: A/ B/ D/ E; 2. b: 1. Milly / 2. Milly / 3. Milo / 4. Milly / 5. Milly / 6. Milo / 7. Milo / 8. Milly