Exercises by John Millen. The voices on the clips are Will Clem and Karly Cox
Question 1 Alvin chooses a watch
1) Ruby wants to buy her brother Alvin a watch for his birthday. Listen to their conversation as they look at watches in a shop window.
Draw a circle around the illustration showing the watch that Alvin eventually chooses for his birthday present.
Question 2 Lily's fitness programme
a) Lily has bought a games console with a fitness programme. Listen as she tells her friend Tom about the exercise routine she does every day and the benefits she thinks it is having on her lifestyle.
Record Lily's scores and the time spent on each of these fitness activities.
b) Choose the word that makes these statements correct.
1) Lily has (lost/gained) weight since Tom last saw her.
2) She has (stopped/restarted) eating fast food at lunch times.
3) Tom usually finds exercise (invigorating/tedious).
4) Lily has a (set/casual) routine for exercising.
5) She does her exercise programme each (morning/evening).
6) Lily (denies/invites) Tom to join her for an evening of exercise.
Question 1: D
Question 2. a): A. 5 mins. 150 / B. 6 mins. 38/50 / C. 5 mins. 35/50 D. 5 mins. 25 / E. 10 mins. 42/50 / F. 10 mins. 3.1km
Question 2. b): lost/ stopped/ tedious/ set/ evening/ invites