Expat treated after flat blaze

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 04 December, 2008, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 04 December, 2008, 12:00am

A 47-year-old expatriate woman, one of 13 people evacuated from a three-storey block of flats in Chester Road, Kowloon Tong, suffered smoke inhalation and was treated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital after her flat burst into flames at about 2.30am yesterday. Firefighters took more than an hour to put out the blaze, which left the flat severely damaged. The woman was later discharged. The Fire Services Department said nothing suspicious had been found.