Six fall ill after eating reef fish

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 16 December, 2008, 12:00am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 16 December, 2008, 12:00am
 

Six people from three households fell ill in three cases of suspected ciguatoxin poisoning after eating reef fish bought from the same stall at the Shek Wu Hui market, Sheung Shui, the Centre for Health Protection said. The victims, two men and four women aged 20 to 63, developed symptoms, such as numbness of the mouth and limbs, after eating the fish at home on Friday and Saturday. All were in stable condition.

Share

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive