Q. So you think you know pop culture ...
1. What festival marks the end of the Lunar New Year?
2. How many animals are represented on the Chinese calendar?
3. At what place in the US does the lowering of a giant crystal ball celebrate the New Year?
4. What is the Jewish New Year called?
5. What does the phrase 'auld lang syne' mean?
6. Which Scottish poet wrote the words to Auld Lang Syne?
7. In the Middle Ages, what did Celtic priests give out to the people at this time of the year?
8. Before England adopted January 1 as the beginning of the New Year, what date was it previously?
9. What is the name of the Islamic calendar?
10. What country celebrates the New Year by throwing water?
1. The Lantern Festival; 2. 12; 3. Times Square; 4. Rosh Hashanah; 5. Times gone by; 6. Robert Burns; 7. Mistletoe; 8. March 25; 9. Hijri; 10. Thailand