Corrosive liquid splashes passers-by

PUBLISHED : Monday, 04 May, 2009, 12:00am
UPDATED : Monday, 04 May, 2009, 12:00am

People walking along Heung Shing Street in Tsuen Wan got a nasty shock yesterday when a corrosive liquid sprayed down from a 12th floor flat. The flat's resident, a 31-year-old female, had been using the liquid to kill ants crawling around her window when it spilled onto the street below at 1.15pm. Three people were slightly injured, including a one-year-old girl. They were taken to Yan Chai Hospital for treatment, and the woman was arrested.