Walk for charity pays off

PUBLISHED : Friday, 19 June, 2009, 12:00am
UPDATED : Friday, 19 June, 2009, 12:00am
 

Last Wednesday, South Island School (SIS) donated a portion of money raised from a walkathon to a school in Tin Shui Wai.

Students, teachers and parents raised HK$290,000 during the two-hour walkathon, held in March. The bulk of the money, 90 per cent, was used to renovate the school's communal area. The remaining 10 per cent, or HK$29,000, was given to Tin Shui Wai Methodist College at an official ceremony on Wednesday.

The money will help Methodist students enjoy overseas trips and other practical learning opportunities enjoyed by SIS students.

Share

 

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Walk for charity pays off

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive