Thursday Think Tank

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 23 July, 2009, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 23 July, 2009, 12:00am

1 New Monetary Authority chief to receive 30 per cent less salary than Joseph Yam Chi-kwong ... well, there is 30 per cent less money going round.

2 Call for pseudo-models to be banned from book fair ... however, their albums might be suitable textbooks for liberal studies.

3 Armani's lawyers claim cost to clean artist's work from Chater House wall is HK$6.7 million ... it seems this suit is even more ridiculously pricey than the ones inside the store.

4 Maryknoll Convent School's pine tree gets reprieve ... as a Catholic school, they're concerned about anything that isn't straight.

5 80 per cent of youngsters have viewed internet porn ... meanwhile, the other 20 per cent are at the book fair checking out sexy models.'