Caretaker critical after blast
An elderly man was fighting for his life last night after an explosion at a godown in Lau Fau Shan. The caretaker, 76, was making breakfast at the warehouse in Fong Kong Tsuen Road when the blast happened at 7.06am. Police said a newly replaced liquefied petroleum gas cylinder had leaked and the blast started when the man tried to light a stove. The victim suffered burns to his face, arms and back. He is in critical condition in Prince of Wales Hospital.
Three injured in fire at flat
Three people were injured when a flat burst into flames in Sham Shui Po. The blaze broke out in the Pei Ho Street flat at around 5.50am. Firefighters doused the fire shortly after 6am. Police suspected a short circuit caused the blaze. A woman, 80, and a man, 32, were admitted to Caritas Medical Centre after inhaling smoke. One man injured his hand.
Family in fight with neighbour
Police arrested a family of four and their neighbour for fighting during a dispute over noise in Kwai Chung. The row began when a woman, 46, slammed a security gate on the 12th floor of Chi Shek House, Shek Yam Estate, at about 11.30am, annoying her neighbour, a 46-year-old man. During the ensuing dispute, she was punched and her three sons ran out and scuffled with the neighbour.
Robber flees with HK$30,000
Police are looking for a robber after he threatened a female employee with a knife and escaped with about HK$30,000 from a restaurant in Wing Tai Road, Chai Wan, at around 11.50pm on Friday. The woman, 43, was uninjured. The man, thought to be aged about 20 and 1.74 metres tall, wore a grey shirt and blue jeans.
Gang attacks diners
Five men at a restaurant in Tai Loong Street, Kwai Chung, were injured during a 12.15am attack by a gang of 10 men with glass bottles and stools. The victims, aged between 16 and 24, sustained minor injuries. Three were treated at Princess Margaret Hospital.