Fire-cupping in Shenzhen burns woman

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 17 December, 2009, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 17 December, 2009, 12:00am
 

A woman is in serious condition at Prince of Wales hospital with burns to the face and body after a fire-cupping treatment she received in Shenzhen went wrong. A friend of hers said alcohol, used as a fuel to heat the cups in the procedure, accidently spilled onto the victim. The woman went to the Lok Ma Chau border checkpoint to seek help.

Share

 

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive