In Brief

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 09 March, 2010, 12:00am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 09 March, 2010, 12:00am

Post-natal death probed

The Department of Health is investigating the death of woman in a post-natal haemorrhage at Baptist Hospital. A departmental spokesman said the woman was admitted to the hospital on March 2, having chosen to give birth by Caesarean section. She began losing blood as soon as the baby had been delivered the following day. A hysterectomy was performed and she was transferred to intensive care, but she died on Sunday. The case has been referred to the coroner.

Man, 92, held after knife attack

Police arrested a 92-year-old man after his wife, 88, suffered knife wounds to her head and hands following a heated argument at their home in Harmony Garden, Siu Sai Wan Road, Chai Wan, at about 4.30am. Police say the man is a psychiatric outpatient.

Missing twins found in cyber cafe

Twin brothers reported missing on Monday last week after they disappeared while shopping with their mother were found yesterday in a cyber cafe in Wing Fong Road, Kwai Chung. An employee called police saying the twins, aged 17, appeared tired after spending four days there without a break.

Bureau to follow up temple clash

The Home Affairs Bureau said it would follow up Sunday's clash between the charity running Wong Tai Sin Temple and a clan over the management of the clan tomb. The Lam clan accuses the charity of desecrating its ancestors' resting place by building a toilet and storing building materials in the compound.

Former ICAC chief dies

Former ICAC commissioner Geoffrey Barnes has died. Barnes, who led the anti-graft agency from 1985 to 1988, joined the government in 1970 and also served in the police and various departments.

Now TV bags Serie A rights

Now TV says it has secured the rights to broadcast Italian Serie A football matches in the city for the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons. It currently shares them with iCable.

Driver killed in collision with taxi

A car driver was killed after losing control of his vehicle and colliding head on with a taxi in Pat Heung.