• Wed
  • Sep 17, 2014
  • Updated: 4:07am

Store owner severely burned in blast

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 12:00am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 28 April, 2010, 12:00am

A grocery store owner, 53, was fighting for his life last night after suffering severe burns in an explosion that occurred when he was examining an electrical switch box in Kwun Tong. He went to check the box in a metre room near his shop on Cha Kwo Ling Road following a power outage in his store. He suffered serious burns to his head and body, and yelled for help. People working nearby called an ambulance. He was taken to Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Share

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or