Poisoned fish claims youth

PUBLISHED : Monday, 06 June, 1994, 12:00am
UPDATED : Monday, 06 June, 1994, 12:00am
 

A 17-YEAR-OLD Vietnamese youth died in hospital from food poisoning. He and another boat person from the Tai A Chau Detention Centre were admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital on Saturday after eating the internal organs of a Japanese fugu fish.


Five other boat people from the centre were taken to the hospital yesterday after complaining of food poisoning. They were in fair condition.


Share

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Poisoned fish claims youth

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.