Poisoned fish claims youth

PUBLISHED : Monday, 06 June, 1994, 12:00am
UPDATED : Monday, 06 June, 1994, 12:00am

A 17-YEAR-OLD Vietnamese youth died in hospital from food poisoning. He and another boat person from the Tai A Chau Detention Centre were admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital on Saturday after eating the internal organs of a Japanese fugu fish.


Five other boat people from the centre were taken to the hospital yesterday after complaining of food poisoning. They were in fair condition.