Heater in flat blasts away wall
By JIMMY LEUNG
THREE workers escaped injury yesterday when an electric water heater exploded at a Happy Valley flat which was being decorated.
Windows were shattered and a wall in the corridor of the fifth-floor flat at 85 Blue Pool Road collapsed in the blast.
Police said two woman cleaners and a male worker were unhurt as they were in another room at the time.
Flying debris also damaged the ventilation window and window frame of a flat opposite.
Falling debris cracked the windscreen of a Mercedes-Benz parked on the ground floor.
The blast occurred just after 3 pm.
It is believed one of the cleaners had switched on the heater without realising the water supply was not connected.