Maid failed to pay $2,000 judgment

PUBLISHED : Sunday, 24 July, 1994, 12:00am
UPDATED : Sunday, 24 July, 1994, 12:00am

MY OVERSEAS maid went to the Labour Tribunal with bogus claims of non-payment. She lost the case and, according to the judgment, she has to pay me about HK$2,000.

Although nearly six months have passed, she has still not deposited the money with the Labour Tribunal and I do not know her whereabouts. How can I recover this money?IN ORDER to enforce the order, you will have to establish her whereabouts. When you have an address for her in Hong Kong you can apply to the Labour Tribunal for a certificate which will enable you to register the award in the district court for enforcement.

The most appropriate way of enforcing is to apply for a writ of fi fa, which will enable the bailiffs to seize goods and/or the money ordered. All this, of course, is dependent on your tracing the woman.Source: Robertson Double Solicitors. Send your questions to Sunday Money, 5/F 1 Tong Chong Street, Quarry Bay, or fax to 565 1423.