'Lack of evidence' in privacy breach cases

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 07 April, 2011, 12:00am

Half of the dozen privacy breach cases passed to police by the privacy commissioner did not lead to criminal prosecutions, due to lack of evidence, Secretary for Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Stephen Lam Sui-lung said. Of the other six cases, two resulted in a conviction, one was withdrawn by the complainant and three are under investigation, he said. Lam said the Office of the Privacy Commissioner dealt with 1,076 complaints last year.


Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)