Distilled water incident 'an accident'

PUBLISHED : Friday, 08 April, 2011, 12:00am
UPDATED : Friday, 08 April, 2011, 12:00am
 

Police say an incident where an Indonesian maid became ill after drinking a bottle of distilled water was probably an accident. The maid, 24, suffered throat pain and vomiting after drinking a bottle of Vita distilled water suspected to contain caustic soda. Police say she accidentally drank a cleaning agent that was put in an empty Vita bottle. The bottle had been put in her employer's car alongside other bottles of distilled water.

Share

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.