Computer technician burned in explosion

PUBLISHED : Monday, 25 April, 2011, 12:00am
UPDATED : Monday, 25 April, 2011, 12:00am
 

A 47-year-old man suffered serious burns in a rare industrial accident in Causeway Bay yesterday. The technician was burned on his face, chest and hands in an explosion as he installed computers at the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China's Citicorp Centre branch at around 1pm. He was connecting several cables to a computer system on the 6th floor of the centre. Firemen said the blast was probably caused by a battery short circuit in equipment he was using.

Share

Send to a friend

To forward this article using your default email client (e.g. Outlook), click here.

Enter multiple addresses separated by commas(,)

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive