Doctor swallows disinfectant in suicide bid
A doctor at Tung Wah Hospital's department of surgery was critically ill after he swallowed half a bottle of disinfectant in an apparent suicide attempt. The 25-year-old houseman was found unconscious on a chair by a cleaner at about 11.40am at the staff quarters near the hospital on Po Yan Street in Sheung Wan. Half a bottle of disinfectant and some drugs were found next to him. His condition was listed as critical at Queen Mary Hospital last night. Police found no death note and nothing suspicious.