No suggestion that city is at greater risk

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 04 May, 2011, 12:00am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 04 May, 2011, 12:00am

Share

The risk of a terrorist attack in Hong Kong remains 'moderate' after the assassination of Osama bin Laden.

Undersecretary for Security Lai Tung-kwok said yesterday there had been no intelligence to indicate the city was a potential terrorist target.

However, police have stepped up security measures at sites related to Britain and the United States.

The US consulate said a worldwide travel alert had been sent to American citizens registered in Hong Kong but would not comment on its security measures.

Sidney Chau Foo-cheong, executive director of Aviation Security, said the company had stepped up patrols at the airport.

 

Promotions

 
 
 

You may also like