PUBLISHED : Sunday, 03 July, 2011, 12:00am
UPDATED : Sunday, 03 July, 2011, 12:00am


Tour bus driver and passengers injured

The driver of a tour bus and 21 passengers were injured in a crash with a truck in Sheung Shui yesterday morning. The coach was heading to a bean product factory in Sheung Shui when the accident took place on Ho Sheung Heung Road. The injured, aged between seven and 82, were sent to North District Hospital in Sheung Shui and Alice Ho Miu Ling Nethersole Hospital in Tai Po.

Jogger rescued from hills near Tai Hang

A jogger who lost his way on the Jardine's Lookout mountain yesterday was rescued after a three-hour search by the Government Flying Service and Fire Services Department. A helicopter was deployed to look for the 21-year-old man at about 3.30pm. Police said he made an emergency call on his mobile phone. He refused to be taken to hospital.

Young people comprise quarter of drug addicts

Young people make up one in four drug addicts who are undergoing treatment, the Society for the Aid and Rehabilitation of Drug Abusers finds. The organisation said that among some 3,500 drug addicts who received hospital and methadone treatment last year, about a quarter were under 21 years old. It also found more people taking psychotropic drugs and is launching a new scheme to help drug addicts.

Car registration marks rake in HK$2.8m

The government raised more than HK$2.8 million in an auction of 240 vehicle registration marks. The registration mark 567 fetched the highest price, HK$550,000, at the Convention and Exhibition Centre. The second most expensive registration mark was 8080, which was sold for HK$250,000. After expenses are deducted, the money will go to the government's Lotteries Fund to benefit charities.

Mentally ill man injures four policemen

Four police officers suffered minor injuries yesterday in an attack by a man with a history of mental illness. The officers were investigating a complaint of nuisance in Kam Fung Street, Wong Tai Sin, at about 3pm when the man lost control and tried to attack them. He was subdued and arrested. The injured officers were treated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Yau Ma Tei.