• Thu
  • Apr 17, 2014
  • Updated: 1:01am

City Digest

PUBLISHED : Tuesday, 12 July, 2011, 12:00am
UPDATED : Tuesday, 12 July, 2011, 12:00am

Hunt for tour leader after tourist assaulted in TST

Police were looking for a mainland tour leader who allegedly assaulted a member of a 60-strong tour group from Shenzhen, leaving him with nose and neck injuries, in a row in Tsim Sha Tsui. The clash occurred at about 2.30pm yesterday after the tourist returned to the group late. Travel Industry Council executive director Joseph Tung Yao-chung said a local tour guide taking the group to shop on Granville Road was not involved in the clash. The victim, a 45-year-old-man from Heilongjiang province, was treated at Queen Elizabeth Hospital.

Divers find body of hiker hit by flash flood

The body of a 53-year-old man who was washed away by a flash flood while hiking in Luk Keng, Sha Tau Kok, on Sunday was found by Fire Services Department divers at about 9am yesterday. Lai Chi-wing's body was found at the bottom of a four-metre-deep pool in the Ping Nam stream about a kilometre from where he was washed into the stream. Lai had been hiking beside the stream with four friends when the area was hit by a heavy deluge. In a separate case, divers found the body of a 51-year-old man in Plover Cove Reservoir, Tai Po, at about 4.30pm. He had gone missing while fishing with friends at the reservoir on Sunday morning.

Court told of hoax bomb and arson attacks

Chun Chi-wai, chairman of the listed company China Metal Recycling, received a hoax bomb weeks before real firebomb attacks on his company's scrapyard, the Court of First Instance heard yesterday. Chun received a parcel containing the fake bomb on November 30, 2009, accompanied by a note reading: 'Chun Chi-wai, you cheated me of all my money earned by sweat and blood. [Bomb] inside.' Law Chun-man, 36, Man Tung-shun, 20, and Lai Kwok-shun denied sending the hoax bomb and committing three arson attacks, two of which were successful. They pleaded not guilty to a total of four charges. The trial continues.

Autopsy likely on bus driver who died at wheel

An autopsy is likely to be carried out on the body of Kowloon Motor Bus driver Hong Yuet-way, 56, who died after collapsing at the wheel of his double-decker in Yau Ma Tei at about 11.30pm on Sunday. Police believe Hong collapsed before his bus ran into the central divider on Jordan Road. Hong was found unconscious at the wheel, with no signs of physical injury.

Share

Login

SCMP.com Account

or