• Tue
  • Sep 2, 2014
  • Updated: 3:13am

City Digest

PUBLISHED : Saturday, 17 March, 2012, 12:00am
UPDATED : Saturday, 17 March, 2012, 12:00am
 

Doctor in court charged with molesting women

Queen Elizabeth Hospital doctor Allan So Cheuk-wai, 35, appeared in Kowloon City Court yesterday accused of molesting three women at the hospital and exposing himself on various occasions between January and August 2010. So, who the hospital has suspended from work pending the outcome of the case, entered no plea to five counts of indecent assault and three of outraging public decency. The case was adjourned to April 27 and bail was continued.

Kingfisher Airlines grounds all flights

Financially troubled Indian carrier Kingfisher Airlines has halted both its services between Hong Kong and India, putting the jobs of 18 Hong Kong staff in jeopardy. It stopped its daily service to Delhi yesterday, after grounding its daily flight to Mumbai on March 3. An Airport Authority spokeswoman said the two flights would be suspended until March 24, but some agents were speculating that the grounding would be permanent.

50 held in blitz on Tuen Mun factions of triad

Police have arrested more than 50 people in a crackdown against several Sun Yee On triad factions in Tuen Mun that began on Thursday. The operation, which would continue over the weekend, targeted illegal businesses, including drug trafficking, illegal gambling, extortion, and sales of contraband cigarettes and illegal fuel, Superintendent Choy Wai-fu said.

Developer challenges planners' height limit

The developer Oriental Generation, which has acquired more than 80 per cent of the property interests of Kai Tak Mansion, a four-block housing estate in Kowloon Bay, launched a judicial review against a Town Planning Board height restriction. The developer had planned a 45-storey residential tower for the site, but the board last month imposed a height restriction of 110 metres on the area, which would halve the height of the tower.

Two new applications from non-local doctors

The Hospital Authority has lodged with the Medical Council another two applications from non-local doctors to practise in the city. It applied for nine non-local doctors to work in public hospitals last year under the limited registration scheme. All were approved and five of the doctors have started work, with the rest to do so in the next few months. The authority plans to submit another six applications.

Share

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or