• Sat
  • Dec 27, 2014
  • Updated: 7:52am

Buying property & events - Macau

PUBLISHED : Thursday, 03 May, 2012, 12:00am
UPDATED : Thursday, 03 May, 2012, 12:00am

So simple for buyers

Purchasing property in Macau is simpler than in Hong Kong, according to Ronald Cheung, chief executive of Midland Macau.

'The buyer and seller get their sale and purchase documents attested by the government or authorised bodies, and it is good to have the presence of lawyers to witness the process. Those buying unfinished flats during the presale period are required to pay only 30 per cent of the price. The remaining 70 per cent is payable upon the project's completion,' Cheung says.

High-octane thrills

One of the highlights of the Macau calendar is the Macau Grand Prix. The event was conceived in 1954 as a treasure hunt around the city, but it soon became a race for locals. It has now become an international event every November, when a 6.2km loop of the city's streets is blocked off for the races.

Share

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or