New | Hong Kong developer's aggressive financing scheme draws buyers to Hung Hom project
Hung Hom project sees positive start with more than 100 flats sold in first hour of launch

An aggressive financing scheme that gives homebuyers loans up to 30 years without submission of income proof got off to a positive start on Thursday, with more than 40 per cent of the 242 units at Kowloon Development's Upper East project in Hung Hom sold in the first hour of sale.
More than 100 units had been snapped up in the first hour, the developer said, adding that sales would continue until midnight.
"The special financing scheme is the drawing card for this project," said Sammy Po, the chief executive of Midland Realty's residential department.
The scheme offers 30-year first and second mortgage loans, but the discount drops to 4 per cent - from 14 per cent for cash buyers.
The cheapest flats at the project, which has units ranging in size from 197 to 362 sq ft, is HK$2.99 million.
"It is the first time in 10 years I have seen such plan," Po said.