Today's Issue30 Aug 2014
- Beijing warns it will not tolerate 'foreign meddling' in city's election
- Huge police presence for Sunday rally after NPC decision on 2017 poll
- The business leaders who aren't worried about Occupy Central
- Record HK$413 billion defence budget sought by Japanese government
- Work-to-rule looms at Cathay Pacific
- Jimmy Lai aide denies he sought out lawmakers to speak at press freedom debate
- After twin disasters, Malaysia Airlines slashes 6,000 jobs in revamp
- Politburo approves pay cuts for bosses at state-owned enterprises
29 Aug 2014ICAC raids media tycoon Jimmy Lai over donations to pan-democrats Beijing's tough line on electoral reform threatens moderate pan-democrats Moderate Hong Kong pan-democrats say no to Beijing's political reform draft Sunnylands II: Xi...
28 Aug 2014Pan-democrats vow to fight NPC draft plan for Hong Kong chief executive poll in 2017 How one buyer got a flying start in Cathay sale Power overload may have started killer fire which left mother and two sons dead Hongkongers left flat by...
27 Aug 2014Airport Authority's incentive plan for new routes encounters turbulence China Resources Power president and Shanxi tycoon detained by authorities Beijing to talk tough to US on military encounters during Washington talks NPC Standing...
26 Aug 2014Prince Philip Dental Hospital used contaminated water, documents show The more you protest, the less Beijing will bend, democracy activists told Huge marijuana plantation spotted by hi-tech satellite in China's northeast China Resources...
25 Aug 2014Deutsche Bank offers ICBC executive Zhang Hongli a settlement deal Macau unofficial democracy poll halted as police arrest four activists NPC Standing Committee starts meeting on Hong Kong reforms Villagers in northern Lantau destroy...
24 Aug 2014Surviving Manila bus hostage still weighing hospital lawsuit over surgery Mum-to-be locked in battle with Hong Kong hospital over right to keep placenta More Shanxi officials detained on suspicion of corruption Occupy Central organisers...