Our favourite outfits from Alexander Wang’s Autumn-Winter 2017 show
This was not your typical show, audiences all stood in a dilapidated theatre, like at a concert, drinking beers, hip hop blaring from speakers. Words like “girls”, “strict” and “tender” made for slogans on big hoodies, jackets, sweatshirts and super short dresses – outifits were aimed at his millennial fans, but with luxe fabrications and detailing.
1) Kendall Jenner in bad girl tight leather pants and a oversized fringed shirt - a glorious mash up of gothic and cowboy that balances masculine and feminine.
2) Skintight leather sleeves, grey city plaid suiting. Sounds like it shouldn’t work but somehow it does. The formality of the double breasted jacket paired with studded black boots is a fantastic high-low contrast.
3) One of the more sophisticated looks of the evening, we love the cut, shape and the clever cutouts at the hip on this silky black evening dress.
4) These outfits are all interesting angles, thin straps across the waist and black studs along hemlines. Those big silver cuffs are on point, and we love the curve of the dress hemline revealing tight leather pants underneath.
5) The textures of needle-like sequins on this black mesh t-shirt dress are insane, in a good way. We also like how layered. yet flimsy this looks.