Blue serge suits: why denim will always be in style
Denim has clung to the catwalks since time immemorial, and it's in no hurry to leave. Today double denim is back with style icons Katy Holmes, Olivia Palermo and SJP donning contrasting shades and cuts on chunky clogs, killer court shoes and roughed-up Converses. It's also seen a nod to the 1990s. Long-legged dungarees, jumpsuits and button-down skirts are hot tickets, as are funky patchwork pieces on arty smocks, totes and satchels. This season, high-waisted bootleg jeans, cropped jackets and straight-laced outerwear are some of the offerings from names such as Louis Vuitton, Burberry Prorsum and Michael Kors. Fendi has declared its love for all things jeans, and we love their structured jacket (pictured, HK$10,800) and drawstring trousers (HK$7,000). Meanwhile, on the high street, Monki, Zara and Massimo Dutti have branched out with boiler suits, mini dresses and tailored raincoats in stonewash, baby blue and linen combinations, perfect for the impending summer.
1. Mini dress available at Zara (HK$399)
2. White denim flight suit available at Monki (HK$450)
3. Button-down denim skirt available at H&M (HK$499)
4. Denim bikini by Ack, available at farfetch.com (HK$1,294)
5. Ikkii Nanook chain denim sneaker boots available at Lane Crawford (HK$1,550)