Editor's picks: Face and body oils
Don't be shy of face and body oils, they're great for the skin - even oily types. So banish any ideas of shiny faces and breakouts, Emma Reinhold shows you how to work these beauty heroes into your daily beauty routine
1. Benefit Bathina "soft to touch ... hard to get" Body Oil Mist, HK$335/75ml, available at Lane Crawford
This hydrating dry oil mist contains sweet almond oil, olive fruit, avocado oil and vitamin E. Perfumed with Benefit's Bathina fragrance, it leaves a sexy sheen and subtle scent on the skin.
2. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil, HK$149/100ml, available at The Body Shop
Enriched with ethically traded ingredients, including honey, this instantly absorbed dry oil is perfect for highlighting your pins with a subtle shimmer.
3. Guerlain Abeille Royale Face Treatment Oil, HK$770/28ml, available at Image Shop, G42, Festival Walk, Kowloon and Institute, 7/F, 1 Duddell Street, Central
For those in need of some soothing, this new oil from French skin care experts Guerlain contains a blend of three types of honey that instantly cools and calms, while helping to firm slackened skin.
4. Elemis Pro-Collagen Collagen Cleansing Balm, HK$680/100ml, available at Harvey Nichols, Pacific Place, Admiralty
Oils can help calm the skin, which results in your own natural oil production slowing down. Featuring a blend of essential oils, including geranium, lavender, eucalyptus orange and starflower, this new wonder balm melts into the skin, leaving it soft, supple and cleansed.
5. Rodial Stemcell Super-Food Facial Oil, HK$490/30ml, available at Joyce Beauty
This lightweight but nourishing oil is rich in antioxidants and vitamins, as well as Alp rose stem cells to help moisturise, protect and illuminate skin. It is also great as a base for make-up.
6. SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF, HK$1,650/30ml, available at Bellezza Beauty, 48 Queen's Road Central
This silky anti-ageing oil is packed with antioxidants which help protect the skin against sun damage and pollution. It also helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation, boosts collagen production and improves the texture of the skin. Layer it under your sunscreen for added UV protection.
7. Aromatherapy Associates Inner Strength Bath & Shower Oil, HK$555/55ml, available at Joyce Beauty
The latest bath oil from aromatherapy pioneer Geraldine Howard contains an uplifting blend of essential oils to help focus the mind and balance emotions, as well as smelling divine. The Defence Against Cancer Foundation receives 10 per cent of the proceeds.