Simple skincare is best, says Glamabox founder and mother-to-be Lisa S
Model, entrepreneur, and radio and TV personality Lisa S (born Lisa Selesner) may be known for her flawless looks, but the Monaco-born beauty wasn't always curious about cosmetics.
"I only became interested when I started modelling when I was 14. Before that, I only cared about my passion of riding horses, and in that sport you don't wear make-up because you sweat a lot. Now it's an obsession," says the founder of Glamabox, which delivers cosmetics samples through a monthly subscription.
These days, Selesner sticks to a few simple beauty rules. "I always, always wash my face at the end of the day and I always put on SPF," she says.
Selesner, who is expecting her first child with actor Daniel Wu, shares her must-have products for looking and feeling good. Tama Lung
Best beauty buys
1. "Right now, I'm really loving La Roche-Posay day cream because it's great for sensitive or allergic skin. It's preservative-free, fragrance-free, alcohol-free, colourant-free and lanolin-free."
2. "The Proactiv skincare system completely saved my acne-prone skin. I've been using it for more than 15 years now."
3. "I love Bio-Fond from Gerda Spillmann. It's from Switzerland and is a naturally moisturising foundation that covers but isn't too heavy. Nicole Kidman is a big fan of this make-up. I also love using Becca products because they are also very natural."
4. "Penhaligon's Lily of the Valley Eau de Toilette - this is one of my favourite flowers. I've loved its smell since I was a child."
5. "For nail polish, I'm using Organic Glam Nail Lacquer (from The Organic Pharmacy) because it doesn't have the same chemicals in it as traditional nail polishes, [so it's] better to use when I'm pregnant."
6. "For my general health, I'm taking prenatal vitamins to keep me and my baby healthy. And in the shower I use Kamill Wellness Shower. There are so many different scents, but right now I'm using Passion Flower and Vanilla Balm."