As chairman of Dreamodels and one of Hong Kong's most stylish socialites, Deborah Valdez-Hung understands the importance of looking good.
"I worked as a model in New York, Spain, Mexico and other big cities. So, from the beginning, I felt the importance of grooming," she says. "Now that I have a business, live in Hong Kong and travel around the world for different commitments, I'm even more interested in looking the best."
Despite an enviable wardrobe and access to all the top brands, Valdez-Hung says beauty comes from within. "If you feel good, you look good," she says. "Beauty begins from the inside out. So having a balanced diet and sleeping well is the key to glowing skin. Use moisturiser at night and sunscreen in the morning. And I love anything that's natural." From plant oils to the perfect powder, Valdez-Hung shares her beauty essentials. Tama Lung
Best Beauty Buys
1. "For skincare, I use Nutritic from La Roche-Posay and La Mer moisturising cream."
2. "I love Dior Capture Totale foundation. It blends perfectly with my skin and looks healthy."
3. "Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Powder also blends into the skin very well - even if I don't use foundation, it makes my skin look amazing."
4. "I use natural products on my hair. Once a week I use avocado oil like a mask for 15 minutes. This is my secret to keeping it healthy all the time."
5. "For nails, I love Chanel Le Vernis nail lacquers."
6. "I love sweet, floral fragrances with a touch of citrus notes."
7. "I also do a milk bath once in a while. And I use lots of moisturiser combined with different oils, such as almond, olive and vitamin E."