Kiss The Cook: Fresh Summer Salad
Monthly recipes from Mango Menus.
Looking for a summery salad that’s as healthy as it is delicious? Try this zucchini, feta, mint, edamame and pea salad, which is packed with vitamins, nutrients and protein. You can shave your zucchini into ribbons with a vegetable peeler, or use a spiralizer to make “zoodles,” aka zucchini noodles. The saltiness of the feta works well with the sharpness of the lemon herb dressing, and the salad is bursting with flavor thanks to all the fresh herbs.
- 1 large zucchini
- 150g barrel-aged feta cheese
- Small bunch mint leaves
- Small bunch coriander leaves
- 300g of edamame and peas
- (or use broad beans)
- 100ml of fine extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Place your frozen peas and edamame in the same saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat and de-pod the edamame. Leave to cool.
- Shave your zucchini into ribbons using a vegetable peeler. If you have a spiralizer, make zoodles.
- Wash your mint leaves.
- Leave them whole. Combine with the zucchini strips, peas and edamame.
- Crumble feta cheese on top.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients in the food processor and blitz until
- a green sauce appears.
- Dress the salad, season
- if required and enjoy!
Serves two as a starter or light lunch.