Mint Chocolate Brownies: Kiss the Cook
Monthly recipes from Mango Menus
PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 29 June, 2016, 10:17am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 19 October, 2016, 5:13pm
- 1 cup golden caster sugar
- cup dark brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup plain fl our, sifted
- A pinch of salt
- Around 8 –14 after-dinner mints depending on their size, to fill pan
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Crème fraîche or ice cream to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C and grease a baking tray with butter or line it with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugars and eggs together until smooth, then add the melted butter.
- Fold in the cocoa powder, flour and salt until combined but do not overmix or your brownie will be tough.
- Spoon half the mixture into the baking tray and layer the after-dinner mints on top so you have a complete layer, then pour the rest of the mixture on top of the mints so they are totally covered.
- Bake for around 25 minutes until a skewer comes out almost clean. Leave to cool and refrigerate. These are best the next day, when they turn from cakey to gooey, if you can wait that long…
Serve with ice cream or crème fraîche and garnish with fresh mint leaves. Makes 16 squares.