Ahead of time
The prestigious Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie opens in Geneva on January 20. Here is an exclusive previewof what to expect from the world's top luxury watchmakers
1. CARTIER Ballon Bleu de Cartier – The limited-edition parrot watch showcases the high jeweller’s floral marquetry technique and lends a neverseen- before palette of colours to the dial.
2. AUDEMARS PIGUET Royal Oak Concept GMT Tourbillon – The brand reinterprets its classic Royal Oak in an all-white, titanium version featuring a 24-hour GMT display.
3. ROGER DUBUIS Velvet Haute Joaillerie – The classic white gold Velvet model is paved with diamonds and updated with two cushion-cut rubies.
4. PARMIGIANI Tonda Pomellato – The luxury watchmaker collaborates with Italian high jeweller Pomellato on a series of four timepieces. The Capri-inspired model references its sharp turquoise from the Naples coast.
5. VACHERON CONSTANTIN Malte Tourbillon High Jewellery – Running on the powerful 2795 calibre and crafted in 418 baguette diamonds, the timepiece flaunts exquisite craftsmanship in gem setting and watchmaking.
6. PIAGET Limelight Blooming Rose – Inspired by the blossom of the Yves Piaget rose, the watch’s four diamond-paved petals can be revealed with a simple rotation of its white gold case.