Mainland Chinese stocks crumbled by midday on Friday to its lowest level in nearly three months, continuing the downward trajectory of a rout in equities which began after the country’s benchmark indices rallied to a 7-year peak in the middle of June.
- Other destinations more attractive
- Hong Kong is too expensive
- Not enough attractions in Hong Kong
You have already voted.
- Other destinations more attractive 29
- Hong Kong is too expensive 62
- Not enough attractions in Hong Kong 9
China's draconian new security law makes safeguarding the regime its main priority, to the concern of analysts
The sweeping national security law passed on Wednesday will make it easier for law enforcers to justify crackdowns on dissent as criticism of the government could be construed as a threat to national security, scholars and rights groups warn.