Taiwan marched out thousands of troops and displayed its most modern military hardware on Saturday to spotlight an old but often forgotten claim that its forces, not the Chinese Communists, led the campaign that routed imperial Japan from China 70 years ago.
- Other destinations more attractive
- Hong Kong is too expensive
- Not enough attractions in Hong Kong
You have already voted.
- Other destinations more attractive 25
- Hong Kong is too expensive 63
- Not enough attractions in Hong Kong 12
China's draconian new security law makes safeguarding the regime its main priority, to the concern of analysts
The sweeping national security law passed on Wednesday will make it easier for law enforcers to justify crackdowns on dissent as criticism of the government could be construed as a threat to national security, scholars and rights groups warn.