Anti-graft website says two more provincial officials sacked
Two more senior provincial officials have been stripped of their Communist Party and government posts, according to an announcement on the Party’s newly-launched anti-graft website on Wednesday.
Wang Suyi, a top official in Inner Mongolia and a member of the regional party standing committee, and Li Daqiu, the former deputy chairman of the provincial advisory body of Guangxi took advantage of their posts by taking “massive” bribes, the Party’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection said in a statement published on its website.
The nation’s anti-corruption watchdog, responsible for scrutinising all party cadres, launched an official website just two days ago, which allows citizens to submit information they have about corrupt officials.
Although the new platform is designed to establish trust between the public and government, analysts say it has a long way to go in establishing transparency in how it handled tip-offs and complaints.
Wang, 52, who occupied a vice-ministerial position, had been under investigation for “serious disciplinary violations”, official Xinhua news agency reported in July. A senior editor of Henan Daily accused him of taking 100 million yuan (HK$125 million) in bribes and keeping several mistresses.
Li, 59, was investigated at about the same time, according to Xinhua. Local residents claimed his relatives’ were involved in organised crime.
In its statement the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection added it had confiscated their illegal gains and handed Wang and Li over to judicial authorities.