• Thu
  • Oct 23, 2014
  • Updated: 12:15am
NewsChina

Guangdong official suspended after 'ladyboys' photos circulate online

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 17 April, 2013, 4:28pm
UPDATED : Wednesday, 17 April, 2013, 5:42pm
 

A Guangdong government official has been suspended after pictures of him posing with scantily-clad ladyboys while on an overseas trip allegedly paid for with public expenses were posted online, the Guangzhou Daily reported.

Xinglong village party secretary Huang Kangsheng is now under investigation, Xiashan district authority told the newspaper on Wednesday, one day after Huang denied the online accusations.

Two weeks ago an internet user claimed Huang took a group of 50 people, including village cadres and members of his family, on a trip to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore in June last year.

“On the surface, the trip was paid for by a developer. But it will be the villagers who shoulder the burden eventually,” the online user said, adding Huang was also a gambler.

The two photographs posted on the internet showed Huang posing with lady boys.

But Huang on Tuesday insisted the developer had covered the expenses of the 40 village officials, estimated at 200,000 yuan (HK$249,000), and rest of the group had paid their own expenses. While Huang denied gambling, he admitted the photographs of him with lady boys were real.

“I told them they could photograph me, but I never expected they would post the photos online,” he told the newspaper.

Share

Related topics

For unlimited access to:

SCMP.com SCMP Tablet Edition SCMP Mobile Edition 10-year news archive
 
 

 

This article is now closed to comments

 
 
 
 
 

Login

SCMP.com Account

or