Fire destroys 100 homes in centuries-old Guizhou village: reports

A fire has destroyed more than 100 homes in a Chinese village built three centuries ago, state media said on Sunday, the third blaze to ravage a cultural site in weeks.
The blazes, which all erupted in the southwest of the country, often burned down old wooden structures.
The latest fire broke out at Baojing Dong village in Guizhou province late on Saturday and took more than four hours to put out, the state news agency Xinhua said.
The area was “one of China’s most complete” settlements of the Dong ethnic minority, known for its “well-preserved” dwellings, it added.
Nearly 2,000 residents lived there but no casualties have yet been reported. The cause of the blaze remains under investigation, it said.
More than 200 similar settlements are located in the same prefecture of Qiandongnan and many have suffered from fires, local housing official Gu Huaxian was quoted by Xinhua as saying last month.