West Kowloon arts hub resumes disclosure of meeting details
West Kowloon arts hub chiefs have resumed publishing their board meeting details on the internet for the first time in nearly two years.
Resuming the webcast yesterday, West Kowloon Cultural District Authority chief executive Michael Lynch pledged to keep the public informed in future but did not explain the two-year gap.
The relaunch came after the South China Morning Post reported last month that the authority had not updated details of its board meetings, including dates, webcasts, and agendas, on its website since April 23, 2010.
The authority explained at the time that information had been publicised in board meetings and through its central registrar.
But some board members expressed concern over transparency promised by first board chairman Henry Tang Ying-yen.
In yesterday's meeting webcast, Lynch reaffirmed the importance of transparency. The authority also sent out a press release summarising the meeting.
Lynch also fended off criticism against visual culture museum M+, which was accused of not focusing on Hong Kong.
Last June, M+ acquired 47 Chinese contemporary art works from Swiss collector Uli Sigg for HK$177 million. The collector also donated 1,463 works.
Lynch said after the acquisition that the museum had acquired another 364 works, of which 328 were by local artists or directly related to Hong Kong.
"Despite the conjecture … the acquisition focused on Hong Kong," Lynch said.
He also said the arts hub was in discussion with the Home Affairs Bureau and other cultural bodies on building the skills of arts administrators using the HK$150 million training fund proposed in the policy address.