Supplier recalls overheating purifier
A 3M air purifier may overheat and the public have been warned to stop using it. The Electrical and Mechanical Services Department said the purifier model FAP00-RS-2G was manufactured between 2009 and 2013 and supplied to the Hong Kong market. The supplier has initiated a voluntary recall.
Girl makes run for it from 3rd floor window
Emergency crews were called to Shek Kip Mei Estate when a 14-year-old girl climbed out of a third-floor window and down a drainpipe yesterday. She had reached the ground floor of Mei Yin House at about 7am when rescuers arrived. She climbed out of the window after her mother had stopped her from leaving the flat.
Man held after woman reports rape
Police have arrested a 43-year-old man after a 23-year-old woman claimed she was raped in his Sham Shui Po apartment on Sunday night. The suspect is a friend of the victim's boyfriend, according to police.
Landslide win for Civil Force candidate
Pun Kwok-shan of Civil Force won the by-election for the Tin Sum seat in the Sha Tin District Council with a vote of 2,432 on Sunday. About 45 per cent of the registered voters cast their ballot. His nearest rival, Ting Tsz-yuen, received 675 votes.