What defines Hong Kong for you? Take the perfect picture for SCMP’s #myhkmoment competition and you could share in HK$49,000 prize pool
Capture your perfect Hong Kong moment to win
A Peak sunset, hiking the Dragon’s Back, Mong Kok street food ... what defines Hong Kong for you?
The Post is marking the city’s 20th birthday as part of China with a competition for reader photos that best represent our unique, vibrant home.
We’re offering HK$25,000 in international flight tickets as part of a HK$49,000 prize pool for the top 20 photos selected, judged by an all-star panel of Hong Kong’s leading Instagram influencers.
Past meets present. . . #urbanromantix #ACreativeVisual #awesomeglobe #eclectic_shotz #Tonekillers #creativeoptic #LeagueOfLenses #ig_masterpiece #GearedNomad #streets_vision #lightroommasters #thevisualhunters #grittyside #streetmobs #urbangathering #ig_color #compositionkillerz #worldprime #infinity_shotz #earthfocus #weekly_feature #spacenjoy #vibegramz #randommagazines #moodygrams #night_photography #total_lights #ftwwne #instagood10k
A post shared by Nicole Hedemann (@nicolehedemann) on Jun 2, 2017 at 8:44pm PDT
Join the amazing Hong Kong images already on our shortlist - which you can see on this page - and simply upload your photo to Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #myhkmoment.
A post shared by Dear HK (@dearhkers) on Jun 3, 2017 at 7:13am PDT
The competition begins June 1, with entries open until June 18. The SCMP team will shortlist entries each week, and repost on our Facebook and Instagram pages.
Then our judging panel of , Edward Barnieh, Daniel Lau, Elaine Li, Vivien Liu and Kyle Yu – who have more than 771,000 combined followers on Instagram – as well as Post photo editor Yves Sieur will decide the winners, to be announced on June 25.
HOW TO ENTER
• STEP 2: UPLOAD your photo to Facebook or Instagram between June 1-18, and make sure the post is visible to the public
• STEP 3: HASHTAG the photo with #myhkmoment
Urban City, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong. #myhkmoment #urbandecay @brandhongkong @city @localiiz @scmp_lifestyle @scmp_news #walledcity #HongKong @earth_above_n_beyond #lookingup @thevisualscollective @instagram @christiaanhartphotographer www.christiaanhart.com
A post shared by Christiaan Hart Photographer (@christiaanhartphotographer) on Jun 5, 2017 at 6:41pm PDT
Grand prize: Round-trip tickets to Tokyo for two
Second place: HK$6,000 dining coupons at Lan Kwai Fong restaurants Kyoto Joe and Porterhouse
Third place: Indulgence experience for two: signature fresh collagen infusion facial treatment (80min) at Sense of Touch + HK$2,000 dining coupons at Café Too, Island Shangri-la Hotel
Fourth place: Signature fresh collagen infusion facial treatment (80min) at Sense of Touch for two
Fifth place: Three tickets to Ocean Park
Other fabulous prizes include:
• Two tickets to Priscilla, Queen of the Desert Musical Show in October
• Island Shangri-la Hotel afternoon tea set for two at lobby lounge
• Two tickets to Slava’s Snowshow in August
• Häagen Dazs ice cream cake coupon (valued at HK$400)
• A pair of fine wines from Spain & France
TERMS & CONDITIONS
South China Morning Post Publishers Limited (“SCMP”) invites you to participate in the “20 moments that define HK” photo contest (“Contest”)
1. You are invited to submit original photo(s) taken by you in Hong Kong of a moment that defines what the city is to you (“Photos”). There is no limit to the number of Photos submitted by each participant. However each participant is eligible to win one prize only.
2. Submissions are open until June 18, 2017 (Sunday). The 20 winners will be announced on June 25, 2017 (Sunday) on SCMP’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
3. SCMP editorial team will shortlist entries on a weekly basis. The judging panel will review shortlisted entries individually and grade the Photos based on i) relevance, ii) composition, and iii) skill.
4. Each winner will be entitled to one prize only. The prizes cannot be exchanged.
5. The winners shall notify SCMP with a direct message from his or her Facebook/Instagram account within 14 days of the announcement of the winners. The direct message must include his or her name, HKID/passport number, contact phone number and a valid email address. SCMP will send a confirmation email to the email address provided within 7 days for prize redemption. SCMP reserves the right not to process the winning entry if the information provided is insufficient.
6. Winners can collect their prize from SCMP’s Hong Kong office at Reception, G/F, South China Morning Post, 1 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay on or before July 10, 2017. SCMP’s office is open from Monday – Friday 10am-6pm. Prize collection will not be entertained after 6pm on July 10, 2017.
7. Winners are required to present the confirmation email and HKID card or passport for verification when collecting their prize.
8. Failure to claim the prize may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
9. SCMP is not the supplier of the prizes and does not warrant the acceptable quality, suitability and/or fitness for purpose of the prizes.
10. You represent and warrant that the Photos (a) are original works created by you (b) do not violate or infringe any third party rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights (c) are not defamatory or libellous and (d) do not violate any other applicable law, regulation or rule. You further warrant that all information and supporting documents provided in your entries are true, accurate and complete.
11. You shall keep SCMP fully indemnified and hold SCMP harmless from any and all claims, demands, actions, costs and liabilities arising out of any breach, alleged breach or violation of the above representations or warranties by you.
12. SCMP’s decision in all matters relating to the Contest is final and cannot be disputed.
13. You grant to SCMP the right to use the Photos in any print, online, digital and/or electronic means, including but not limited to SCMP’s publications, websites, newsletters, reports and/or other publicity materials.
14. SCMP reserves the right to cancel the Contest and modify any Terms and Conditions at any time without further notice.