Third indecent assault in Hong Kong in three days leads to arrest
But police say apprehended man is different from suspect in two similar cases in Tuen Mun reported just days before
A 43-year-old man was arrested in connection with indecent assault in Hong Kong on Saturday after similar cases had been reported just days before.
The victim, 25, reported she had been assaulted at 9am at a fast-food restaurant in Tuen Mun, and police arrested the suspect, surnamed Lau, at the scene.
Police said the incident was unrelated to two indecent assault cases in the northwest New Territories area two days earlier.
The first of the two attacks happened at about 3am on Thursday when an 18-year-old woman was indecently assaulted by a man on Yau Oi Road, police said. The victim, a student, reported the attack at about 5pm the same day.
According to police, the attacker was thought to be aged between 30 and 35, and 170cm tall. He was wearing a black jacket and black trousers at the time of the incident.
The second victim, a 26-year-old woman, was indecently assaulted aboard the Tuen Mun light rail at about 10am. Officers scouted the area but arrested no one.
Police described the attacker as thin, about 30 years old and 170cm tall. He was wearing a blue long-sleeved shirt and glasses at the time of the incident.
Officers appealed for information in connection with the two cases, and anyone with information can call police on 3661 5746.
The number of indecent assault cases in Hong Kong increased 5.7 per cent last year to 1,077, which was close to a 13-year low. Reported cases peaked in 2012, at 1,495.
Additional reporting by Clifford Lo