Jackson estate blasts child sex ‘monster’ lawsuit
Agence France-Presse in Los Angeles
Michael Jackson’s estate has slammed a new lawsuit filed in Los Angeles claiming that the late King of Pop, who died in 2009, was a “monster” and child molester.
Australian choreographer Wade Robson has filed a claim alleging “childhood sexual abuse,” despite testifying at a 2005 molestation trial that the star never touched him, the Los Angeles Times reported.
Lawyers for Robson, who stayed at the singer’s Neverland Ranch as a teenager, filed the lawsuit on May 1 asking an LA judge to let him make a late claim as creditor in Jackson’s estate, it said.
“Michael Jackson was a monster and in their hearts every normal person knows it,” a lawyer for Robson, Henry Gradstein, told AFP in a statement claiming Robson had a breakdown last year.
“He collapsed under the stress and sexual trauma of what had happened to him for seven years as a child. He lived with the brainwashing by a sexual predator until the burden of it all crushed him,” he said.
Jackson, dogged for years by child molestation charges, was acquitted after a high-profile trial in 2005. But his career never recovered, and he died in 2009 while rehearsing for a doomed comeback tour.
Gradstein cited Jackson as having told the young Robson: “If anyone ever finds out about what we did we will go to jail for the rest of our lives” and “our lives will be ruined forever.”
“This kind of intimidation of a child by a sexual predator is tragically characteristic and effective, keeping them quiet about the abuse -- often for a lifetime,” said Gradstein.
Responding to the lawsuit Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the Michael Jackson Estate -- which manages the said: “Mr. Robson’s claim is outrageous and pathetic.
“This is a young man who has testified at least twice under oath over the past 20 years and said in numerous interviews that Michael Jackson never did anything inappropriate to him or with him.
“Now, nearly four years after Michael has passed this sad and less than credible claim has been made. We are confident that the court will see this for what it is.”