Hollywood 'sex with teens ring': Bryan Singer's accuser names more names
Man who alleges he was abused as a teenager by X-Men films director Bryan Singer says other entertainment figures also molested him
A man who has accused X-Men director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him when he was a teenager has sued three more entertainment industry figures, claiming they also molested him.
The allegations in the latest lawsuits filed by Michael Egan on Monday are substantially similar to his legal action against Singer. That lawsuit accuses the director of abusing him between the ages of 15 and 17 in Los Angeles and Hawaii.
Egan claims he was lured into a sex ring run by Marc Collins-Rector, a former digital entertainment company executive, with promises of auditions for acting, modelling and commercial jobs.
He was put on the company's payroll as an actor and forced to have sex with adult men at parties within Hollywood's entertainment industry, the lawsuit said.
Collins-Rector pleaded guilty in 2004 to transporting five minors across state lines to have sex.
Monday's lawsuits were filed in a US federal court in Hawaii against former Fox television executive Garth Ancier, theatre producer Gary Wayne Goddard, and David Neuman, a former television executive with Disney. Egan is seeking more than US$10 million in damages.
Ancier, Goddard and Neuman could not be reached to comment on Monday.
The lawsuits were filed in Hawaii under a law that temporarily suspends the statute of limitations in civil sex abuse cases.
Singer's attorney Marty Singer, who is not a relative, denied the director abused Egan, calling the allegations defamatory. He said the director was not in Hawaii when Egan says he was abused and was, instead, in Canada working on production for the first X-Men film.
None of the men has been criminally charged and the statute of limitations for any such charges has passed.
Egan, 31, appeared at a press conference on Monday with his mother, Bonnie Mound, who tearfully described her efforts to report alleged abuses to the FBI in 1999 and 2000.
She said she wrote several letters to FBI agents in Los Angeles and Washington urging them to take action, and questioned why the letters and information provided by her son did not result in criminal charges.
The FBI has said it could not discuss specifically what Egan told them,
However, the agency denied last week that it had ignored any information about Singer.
"The suggestion that the FBI ignored a minor victim, or evidence involving the sexual victimisation of a child, is ludicrous," FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller said.
Mound denied her son's lawsuits were motivated by anything other than holding the defendants accountable.
"It's not about money," Mound said, breaking down in tears.
Egan said he spent several years masking his pain by drinking. He stopped drinking within the past year, entered therapy and looked for a lawyer who would pursue a case.
Jeff Herman, Egan's attorney, said he had spent six months investigating before filing the lawsuits.
However, he acknowledged he did not have all the investigative files or Singer's records, which might show that the film director was not in Hawaii at the time of the allegation.