Peaches Geldof died of heroin overdose just like mother Paula Yates, report says
Model Peaches died the same way as her mother, Paula Yates, according to report
Agence France-Presse in London
Musician Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches died of a heroin overdose, the same cause of death as that of her mother, Paula Yates, in 2000, The Times newspaper reported yesterday.
The 25-year-old model died suddenly on April 7 at her countryside home in southern England, but a postmortem examination proved inconclusive.
However, Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham was due to tell a hearing in Gravesend, Kent, yesterday that toxicology tests showed she had died of a heroin overdose, the newspaper reported.
Peaches, who wrote for British magazines and newspapers and presented a number of celebrity-driven television shows, was found dead at home, where she was looking after 11-month-old son Phaedra.
Police searched the property for drug paraphernalia, but found none.
Supermodel Kate Moss was among a host of celebrities who attended last month's funeral at a village church filled with memories for the tragedy-hit family.
Peaches' body was carried into St Mary Magdalene and St Lawrence church in Davington, Kent, in a white coffin.
The church, which is next to the Geldof family estate, was the venue for the funeral of Yates.
The television presenter accidentally overdosed on heroin while looking after four-year-old daughter Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily at their London home.
The night before her death Peaches posted online a photograph of herself with her mother.
Bob Geldof, former singer with The Boomtown Rats and founder of the Live Aid charity concert, has said his family is suffering "beyond pain" at the death of his second daughter.
A self-confessed "wild child" in her youth, she had become an advocate of "attachment parenting" after becoming a mother.
Coroner Roger Hatch is set to adjourn the inquest until July.