Ukraine, pro-Russia rebels exchange prisoners in ceasefire deal
Dozens of prisoners of war returned to their home forces in Ukraine on Friday after they were transferred as part of a ceasefire agreement made in Minsk earlier this month

Government and rebel forces early on Friday exchanged dozens of prisoners captured during fighting in Ukraine, as part of a ceasefire agreement sealed earlier this month.
The transfer took place in the dark hours outside the main rebel stronghold of Donetsk under the watch of international observers.
President Petro Poroshenko said 36 Ukrainian servicemen were released after negotiations. He said a further 21 soldiers were freed the day before.
Ukrainian forces handed over 31 pro-Russian rebels detained over the course of the five-month conflict.
A ceasefire between separatists and the Ukrainian military took effect last Friday but has already been serially violated. Shortly after the prisoner exchange, a volley of rocket fire was heard from central Donetsk.
The group of Ukrainian servicemen was driven away from the local security services headquarters around 1.30am local time and taken to a location several kilometres north of the city. At the spot, they were met by Ukrainian military officials, some of whom were armed.
