Linden Educational Services’ Summer and Boarding School Expo helps parents choose an international boarding school
All parents desire the best education for their children, and want them to have happy and rewarding educational experiences. That’s why boarding schools are such a popular choice. A place at a top international boarding school can help guarantee a bright academic future, as well as broaden a young person’s horizons and develop a sense of independence in a fun and exciting way.
Those interested in the boarding school experience need look no further than Linden Educational Services’ Summer and Boarding School Expo for information. The event, which is facilitated by Ace Academy, will be held at the Excelsior Hotel in Causeway Bay from 6pm to 9.30pm on November 17. A group of admission counsellors representing 27 prestigious international boarding schools from the US, Canada, the UK, Switzerland, and India, will be available at the Expo to speak with potential students and their families.
Places at these premier boarding schools are available for students across a range of ages, and the scope of the academic programmes and activities they offer is broad. Most of the schools run lively summer programmes which offer sports, arts, science, and more. All the schools are accredited by their national governments, or, in the case of those located in the US, regionally accredited.
Linden believes a boarding school education is one of the greatest gifts a parent can give to a child. The schools Linden works with help their students attain the best degrees and qualifications, and provide a foundation for life, success, and long-lasting personal friendships. Linden and its partner Ace Academy placed over 40 students from Hong Kong in top international boarding schools in 2015.
Many of the world’s kings and queens, presidents and prime ministers, as well as its successful business leaders, have attended boarding school. Boarding school students receive many advantages. The sense of personal responsibility they learn at boarding school prepares them for university life, and its academic rigour, in a unique way. Boarding school students usually attend the world’s finest universities.
The residential campus environment ensures that students are immersed in an educational world where learning is central to all activities. It’s a unique setting that promotes common experiences, camaraderie, friendship, trust, and honesty, between children and adults. Boarding schools traditionally have highly qualified, highly motivated teachers who see their work as a calling; it’s not just a job for them.
Students at boarding schools gain a sense of independence during term time that is over and above what they would achieve if they were living at home. A boarding school education is the ideal preparation for the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Students at boarding schools also benefit from small class sizes and heightened interaction with their teachers. Students are conditioned for future success because they are encouraged to achieve their full potential. Studies show that boarding school graduates excel at university, and quickly move up the ladder in their professional careers.
Twenty-three schools from the US will be represented at this year’s Summer and Boarding School Expo:
- Archbishop Riordan High School, San Francisco, California
- Avon Old Farms School, Avon, Connecticut
- Chaminade College Preparatory School, St Louis, Missouri
- Chatham Hall, Chatham, Virginia
- Foxcroft Academy, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine
- Foxcroft School, MiddleBurg, Virginia
- Grand River Academy, Austinburg, Ohio
- Hawaii Preparatory Academy, Kamuela, Hawaii
- Idyllwild Arts, Idyllwild, California
- Junipero Serra High School, San Mateo, California
- Lincoln Academy, Newcastle, Maine
- Miss Hall’s School, Pittsfield, Massachusetts
- Montverde Academy, Montverde, Florida
- Oregon Episcopal School, Portland, Oregon
- Perkiomen School, Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
- Riverstone International School, Boise, Idaho
- San Domenico School, San Anselmo, California
- Santa Catalina School, Monterey, California
- St Margaret's School, Tappahannock, Virginia
- St Timothy’s School, Stevenson, Maryland
- The International Academy at University of Southern Maine
- The Williston Northampton School, Easthampton, Massachusetts
- Woodside Priory School, Portola Valley, California
The following schools from outside the US will also be represented at the Expo:
- St Michael’s University School, from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- TASIS The American School in England, from Surrey in the UK
- Aiglon College from Chesières in Switzerland
- Woodstock School from Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, in India
Linden Educational Services has been helping students to find the best, and most appropriate, university and boarding school for over 30 years. John Williamson, the organisation’s executive director, and one of the world’s foremost experts on boarding schools, will be present at the Hong Kong Expo and available to speak with families.
Williamson has a profound track record in assisting families place their children at the most desirable boarding schools in the world. Attendees of the event will be able to talk with Williamson during and after the event. Ace Academy provides an educational consulting service which helps parents and students navigate through the planning and application process for boarding schools and universities.
17 Nov 2016 (THU)
6:00pm – 9:30pm
The Excelsior, Hong Kong
281 Gloucester Rd, Causeway Bay
For registration, please send email to info@AceAcademy.com OR call us at (852) 2868 4068