Club jockeys Basil Marcus, Dwayne Dunn and Eric Saint-Martin yesterday had their Hong Kong riding licences extended until March 17.
While Marcus and Saint-Martin are long-term Hong Kong successes, the announcement was a pleasing one for Dunn, whose first stint last season was cut short by a fall at Happy Valley in March but he has bounced back this term with eight winners. 'I'm riding a few winners, so I was hoping that would secure me the extension, and I would have been a bit disappointed if it had not,' Dunn said. 'I'm very pleased - now all I have to do is keeping riding winners and maybe I can look at a further extension when the time comes.'
The extra time is also good news for Marcus and Saint-Martin, who have had lengthy bans this season. Marcus, who has nine winners, returns this week from a seven-meeting suspension, while Saint-Martin, who has six winners, has just started a seven-meeting ban for causing last week's three-horse fall at Happy Valley.
Tony Culhane and Anton Marcus, who are also licensed until December 17, did not apply for an extension, although the latter said yesterday he intended to apply for a further three month-term from March 17 until the end of the season. The South African has had six winners, while Culhane has had one.